Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hats

I just finished four hats for a friend and I couldn't be more pleased with how they turned out. Two of them were done in Auburn colors using the Cable Knit Vanilla Beanie by Marissa Huber. The other two were of my own design. I don't think this really qualifies me as a designer but I am working on writing out the patter to post here if anyone is interested in making one. These last two hats have a simple cabled brim with a stockinette crown. I learned how to graft two rows of live stitches together (Kitchener Stitch) and found that this makes for a much neater top to a hat. The grafting leaves a flat top rather than a pointy crown that most beanies have. Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.


Cabled Brim Hats in Toddler and Adult Sizes
Cable Vanilla Beanie in Toddler and Child Sizes

1 comment:

Mariss said...

The hats look great! I'm sure your friends appreciated them :)