Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Blocking Part 2 (and Seaming)

The saga continues, you may remember from my last post that I was blocking sweater pieces for the first time. I greatly underestimated how long it takes for wool to dry; it ended up being almost 48 hours in this case. You may also remember that I had blocked these pieces out on the end of my bed which meant some very tricky and oh-so-careful moving that first night. I can now see the value of a blocking board-PORTABILITY!


Here are some pictures of the pieces once they were dry, there is still a little curl to the edges but not nearly as bad as before I started.



Once the blocking was done the real fun began. I started seaming the pieces together to finish the sweater. My big mistake here was starting this step in the project late at night and I made one (well two actually) big mistake. In my over excitement at actually completing this large project I sewed the sleeves shut! Take a moment to laugh, I did too. So now I must tear the sleeves out and re-seam them. Not a large task but one I'm putting off a bit. I have till Christmas after all and so many other projects to get done in the Christmas season. Here is a picture of my almost finished sweater.

1 comment:

Sally HP said...

This looks great! I'm making this out of my stash yarn for H's Christams present because whenever he sees me knitting he asks 'Is that for me?' I always feel bad when I tell him no because i'm knitting for others all the time! Anyway, it looks gorgeous! (I found you on ravelry)